How To - WordPress
This plugin it is included under WordPress package installation. As it is already installed you DO NOT HAVE to do it again.
In this post we will explain How to setup the Akismet Anti-Spam plugin.
On the other hand to assure plugins functionality, you will NEED TO ACTIVATE and GET A FREE LICENSE KEY.
AkisMet will check the contact forms submissions and the comments section to prevent your website from publishing malicious content.
First step is to activate the plugin.
1) WP Admin page – Menu on the LEFT side of page SELECT Plugins tab.
2) Inside the Plugins page look in the plugin list, find Akismet and ACTIVATE it.
3) After the plugin activation a new button for Setup will popup on top of page.
Also you can go to setup by clicking on Settings from Plugins list / Akismet / Setings.>
4) On the Akismet page select Get your API key button.
5) A new Tab will open on the Akismet web page. (https://akismet.com/wordpress/).
Click on GET AN AKISMET API KEY.
6) Signup for an Akismet account.
7) Go to the EMAIL address you signup with and click on Activate Account button. CLOSE THE NEW POPUP WINDOW
8) On the Browser Tab where you did signup under Personal tab select Add Personal Subscription button. That will give you a free plan.
9) Click the TAB with the price and DRAG IT TO THE LEFT SIDE OF BAR.
10) Therefore select the Create Subscription button. Next click Got it. Next Click Activate this site
11) Wait for the activation to complete and in the new opened page select Silently discard the worst and most pervasive spam so I never see it.
Copy the API Key and Click Save Changes.
From now on your WordPress website will have this features:
• All comments will be automatically checked and filter out the ones that look like spam.
• Each comment has a status history.
• URLs are shown in the comment body to reveal hidden or misleading links.
Please navigate to Moved By Web – How TO – section to find some more helpful and worth reading articles.